Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Case for Corchet!

Hello there cyber world! I have yet to crack you open and make you useful to me! So here goes another try at blogging.....which I am not very good at!!

I have 2 Christmas Craft shows this year. The BIG one (which is tomorrow Nov. 12 & 13!!) at the Steinbach Mall, where I live. The other is on Sat. Nov 27 at 429 Main Street also in Steinbach. I must admit I am REALLY counting on the craft shows this year as my husband and I have run into some financial trouble this summer.

My hard-working husband lost his job on a hog farm where he worked in the lab and also as a delivery driver. It came as a shock to us. There have also been other contributing factors that have made this time particularly difficult.

Now I am not normally a person to gab my "sob-story" all over town, but I wanted you all to know why I have taken great strides to sell my cute and lovable crochet items. I want to stay home with my yet to be adopted child and hopefully have more yet to be adopted children in our home. I want to be the one to raise my child, not that daycare is wrong or bad, but it is my choice to raise my precious daughter myself (with the help of my wonderful hubby and super supportive family of course!)

I have also taken on a job as a crocheter for a fellow Etsian and crafter. I'm VERY excited about this because now we can have another little foster baby come to live in our home! I just have to find the time to sit down and actually crochet!!

This is my story and this is why I sell my creations; to raise my kids and to help little ones who are going through a crisis at FAR to young of an age. I find my creativity in my child and these children. I find my love for things that are cute and cuddly when my daughter wants to hold EVERYTHING I make! Crochet is a stress reliever, an income provider, and a wonderful creative outlet for someone who cannot get enough creativity in her life!!

Here are a few new pics of some items I have made recently. I hope they bring a smile to your face and make your day happy :)













1 comment:

  1. Meg, your creations are so lovely and I hope you sell SOOOOOOO many my dear! I admire you and your honest, faithful, creative spirit.
    God bless you and your husband (and little one:). I hope you get some wonderful surprises this coming month. You deserve them.

    ReplyDelete